Friends of the Library
Webster defines a friend as "one who favors something." Webster defines favor as "to give support to." Everyone needs friends, especially public libraries. The Friends of the Little Ferry Free Public Library make the public more aware of what a fine institution they have at their fingertips. The Friends have helped the Library in its facilities and in its programs. We invite you to join us in our continuing efforts.
One of our community's greatest assets is our Free Public Library. It is much more than a place where you can borrow a book. It offers programs for children of all ages as well as programs for adults and seniors. In addition to books, you can borrow audio CDs and DVDs, audiobooks, and large print format books.
The Friends of the Little Ferry Free Public Library were formed in 1972 by enthusiastic library users in order to expand the Library's resources. The Friends will continue to work toward:
- Making citizens of our community aware of the Library and its services, programs, and needs.
- Supporting the Library in its continued improvement and growth through fundraising activities.
- Sponsoring programs and assisting where needed.
- Providing the Library with materials and services that cannot be obtained through its regular budget.
Friends of the Library meet on the second Monday of each month except during summer months. November through March, the Friends meeting is at 4:00 p.m. April through October, the Friends meeting is a 6:00 p.m.
The following is the 2019 schedule for the Friends of the Library meetings:
February 11, 2019 CANCELED
- March 11, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- May 13, 2019
- June 10, 2019
- July- NO MEETING DURING THE SUMMER
- August- NO MEETING DURING THE SUMMER
- September 9, 2019
- October 14, 2019
- November 11, 2019
- December 9, 2019
- January 13, 2020
CLICK HERE TO PRINT OUT A REGISTRATION FORM