Library Assistant position – Part-time
The Little Ferry Library is seeking customer-service oriented, reliable individual to join our staff. The position would report directly to the Library Director and Senior Staff. Responsibilities are overall general library duties, including greeting and assisting patrons.
- Outstanding organizational, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of library methods and procedures
- Ability to work in well in a team environment
- Library experience, especially with BCCLS and LEAP, is strongly desired
- General computer experience and knowledge is necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
Specific duties will involve but are not limited to:
- Checking in, out and renewing items including handling fines
- Answering telephones and general library questions
- Registering new patrons and extending expiration dates
- Filling loan requests
- Ability to perform lifting and bending
- Shelving and shelf-reading as needed
- Assisting patrons of all ages with book selections and basic computer support
- Assist with some programs and other events
- Communicating with patrons through our social media accounts
- Supporting all staff in maintaining CDC disinfecting guidelines
Due to the corona virus pandemic, hours may be limited at first. Once fully opened, the position requires 9- 14 hours weekly including 2 evenings until 8PM and regular Saturdays 9-3PM. Starting salary is $12.00/ hour.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.